Be one of the cool kids and sign up for emails and giveaways
- Crown Removal
- Pit & Fissure Diamond
- Cross Refrence
• Highest rated, best performing, single-patient-use diamond.
• 20% more cutting surface, tips cut clear crisp margins.
• Multi-use quality/single-use price®.
• Faster cut results in less chairtime.
• No Questions Asked Guarantee.
Click on the image to select the diamond shape.
Green Header on Chart | 011M-1923F | $1.94 per diamond = $48.50 | 25 per pack
Yellow Header on Chart | 2035C - 3923VF | $2.80 per diamond = $69.95 | 25 per pack
Purple Header on Chart | 8114.8C -8923C | $3.95 per diamond = $98.85 | 25 per pack
Blue Header on Chart | 5012M - 7005M | $4.49 per diamond = $44.85 | 10 per pack
Red Header on Chart | GP9.016C - E164.014LC | $6.60 per diamond = $65.95 | 10 per pack
Faster Cut, Less Chairtime
Advanced Triton® bonding technology fastens diamonds to the shank with superior hardness and maximum longevity enabling NeoDiamond to expose 20% more diamond cutting surface than competitor's plated burs. With this technology, NeoDiamond tips cut crisp clear margins.
XactFit® Shank for a Secure Fit
NeoDiamond's Swiss-made shank is made with integrity from heat-treated stainless steel, maintaining the strictest tolerances on shank diameter in the industry (shank = 1.597 mm +.001, –.005).
Sterilized for Safety & Convenience
Each NeoDiamond is individually wrapped and visible through a clear and white poly packet — identified by diamond number, shape description and grit size.
Excellent Quality, Economical Diamonds
Advanced technology makes NeoDiamond a premium quality instrument that is also economical. Performance is comparable to the most expensive multi-use diamonds — but there are advantages to disposing after one use.
• Fresh, fast cutting first time—every time.
• Freedom from cleaning and maintaining used diamonds.
• Affordable price eliminates the need to recoup expense by reusing expensive diamonds.
• Effective patient-to-patient infection control.
• Highest rated & best performing single-use diamond by an independent, non-profit, dental education and product testing foundation.
Quick Grit ID with color bands on shanks
Coarse-Black 150 µ / Green 130 µ
Medium-Blue 100 -110 µ
Fine-Red 50 µ
Very Fine-Yellow 30 µ
Technical advantages of single-use burs can be found in the following articles:
Recommended NeoDiamond Shapes for Crown & Bridge Preparations.
Highest Rated Zirconia Cutter
Rated as best cutting and lowest cost for Zirconia crown removal by an independent research test of 14 competitive burs. Select grit ensures smooth, efficient performance.
Chamfers are the preferred preparation for Porcelain Fused to Metal (PFM) crowns. Restorative material brands include Captek®, In-Ceram® and Wol-Ceram.®
Modified Chamfer Preparations
Modified Chamfers are the preferred preparation for CAD/CAM alumina based crowns. Restorative material brands include Procera® and Sirona Cerec inLab®.
Shoulders are the preferred preparation for full porcelain crowns. A flat-end taper diamond creates a shoulder with a sharp internal angle. This finish line can be modified to a chamfer or bevel, or refined with end-cutting diamonds.
Modified Shoulder Preparations
Modified shoulders, with a rounded internal angle, are the preferred preparations for the following types of full coverage crowns and bridges:
1) Pressable ceramic (IPS Eris®, IPS Empress®, OPC®, Finesse,® All-Ceramic®, Authentic®).
2) Zirconia-based (Cercon®, Lava®, Everst®, DCS Smart Fit®).
3) Fiber-reinforced or composite-based (Belleglass HP®, Sculpture/FibreKor®, ArtGlass®, Targis/Vectris®).
Recommended Shapes for Today's Popular Esthetic Procedures.
Prepare and finish repeatable, predictable esthetic laminate veneers. Using selected NeoDiamond shapes, clinicians are provided an excellent method of consistently following fundamental preparation protocols for adequate space and proper marginal placement for quality restorations.
Produce simple, consistent tooth preparations that conform to specific guidelines of the Cerec CAD/CAM system, using selected NeoDiamond shapes. Create proper anatomical occlusal morphology—essential for excellent Cerec restorations using selected finishing shapes.
Excellent, Economical Finishing Diamonds
Smooth the surface of composite, glass ionomer and porcelain restorations. Extremely uniform coating of 30 micron grit allows smooth cutting, without vibration or damage to composites, glass ionomers or porcelain. Use with minimal pressure, adequate water and consistent wiping motion.
Cutting Zirconia Crowns
Highest rated for Zirconia crown removal by Clinician's Report was the medium grit 1116.8M.
Use this diamond on the BruxZir®, Incoris TZ1 Cerec®, and Lava® crowns. Use shape 0118M for endo access.
Cutting Lithium Disilicate Crowns
These ceramic crowns are made by E.max®, Cerec, and Sirona®. A coarse diamond is recommended to cut through the material.
Cutting PFM Crowns
To remove porcelain fused to metal crowns, use a coarse diamond to cut through the porcelain layer. Then use a carbide metal cutter, NeoMax2 to cut the metal and remove the crown.
Pit & Fissure Diamond
The Pit & Fissure diamond treats decay early and preserves more healthy tooth structure. Its small diamond head size and shape make it easy to cut minimally invasive exploratory groove. It safer for kids than a carbide. Pit & Fissure shape diamond is a thin 0.8 mm width is efficient for ultra conservative preparations. The diamond head length is 3.0 mm to cut to the DEJ.
Use this cross reference to easily find your NeoDiamond number from competitive diamonds.
Rx Only. These instructions, in whole or in part, are not a substitute for formal training in diamond dental burs. Appropriate professional education is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED prior to using this device clinically.
Microcopy NeoDiamond burs are manufactured from a single piece of high-quality stainless steel plated at the operational end with a natural diamond grit. The diamond burs are further plated with a unique protective coating formula. The range includes patterns designed to meet the needs of all surgery and laboratory applications. The burs are packed in a plastic pouch in a dedicated cleanroom facility and terminally sterilized using Gamma Irradiation. These burs are identified as sterile single-use devices and NOT be re-processed and/or re-used.
Microcopy NeoDiamond diamond burs can be used to cut a wide variety of materials encountered in dentistry. These include tooth material such as enamel, dentin and bone, dental materials such as amalgam, composite, glass-ionomer cements, polymer and ceramics and precious and non-precious alloys.
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO USE
Use of Microcopy NeoDiamond is contraindicated on any patient who is allergic to any of the components of the product. Do not reuse. Microcopy NeoDiamond are single-use. Attempts to reuse these products will adversely affect their performance.
CLINICAL PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS:
- Carefully read package labels to ensure use of the appropriate device. Failure to do so may cause procedural delays or patient or user injury.
- Failure to follow these instructions may cause the following: preparation site damage, injury to the patient or user, or possible aspiration or swallowing of the diamond burs.
- Prior to use, carefully inspect the pouch for signs of damage and/or deterioration and check that the expiry date has not expired. Refrain from opening the pouch until you are ready to use the bur.
- Prior to use inspect the bur for broken and/or damaged flutes, discard any potentially defective burs. Do not use worn-out or dull devices.
- Discard any damaged diamond burs immediately.
- Microcopy diamond burs are for SINGLE-PATIENT-USE ONLY. NeoDiamonds are pre-sterilized for single-use and should not be reprocessed or reused.
- Do not use chemical or dry heat to sterilize devices, as these processes have not been validated for use
- Protect patient’s eyes and vulnerable tissues when using these diamond burs.
- Clinicians should wear eye protection and facemask when using diamond burs.
- Surgical masks shall be worn to avoid inhalation of aerosol and/or dust generated during the procedure.
- Follow the hand piece manufacturer’s instructions for use and maintenance and service all hand pieces appropriately.
- Ensure the bur is fully seated and gripped in the handpiece collet.
- Before use, run the handpiece to check for any abnormalities including overheating.
- Ensure handpieces are maintained in good working order and remain correctly lubricated at all times.
- Move the bur continuously when in use so as to avoid localized heating.
- Do not apply excessive pressure on the bur as this could cause undesirable heat and/or may cause the bur to failure.
- Move the bur continuously when in use to avoid localized heating and/or damage to the bur. Undesirable heat generation can cause patient discomfort, tooth or tissue necrosis, or patient burns.
- Avoid removing the bur at too sharp an angle to avoid leverage and breakage which could cause patient or user injury.
- Maintain handpieces in good working condition to ensure maximum effectiveness of the device. Failure to properly maintain handpieces may lead to procedural delays or injury of the patient or user, aspiration or swallowing of the device or damage to the preparation site due to vibration of a worn chuck or turbine.
- Ensure the bur is fully seated and securely gripped in the handpiece collet prior to use. Failure to do so may cause the device to “walk out” of the handpiece and may lead to injury of the patient or user or aspiration or swallowing of the device.
- Never force a bur into a handpiece as this could cause damage to the handpiece collet which could result in procedural delays.
- When using short burs (up to 20mm in length) make certain the head/diamonds to not come in contact with the chucking mechanism.
- Short burs are recommended to be used with a mini handpiece.
- Always refer to the product packaging for the Maximum RPM. Never exceed the maximum speeds as shown in the table as this may generate undesirable heat.
- When cutting off zirconia crowns or using for endo access on zirconia, apply high water spray (>25ml/min) and use a light touch for pressure.
- Do not exceed the maximum speeds tabulated below:
|Instrument head diameter
01/10 (mm) - ISO
|Maximum permissible speed
|Recommended operational speed
|007 - 010||450,000||100,000 - 220,000|
|011 - 014||450,000||70,000 - 220,000|
|015 - 018||450,000||55,000 - 160,000|
|019 - 023||300,000||40,000 - 120,000|
|024 - 027||160,000||35,000 - 110,000|
|028 - 031||140,000||30,000 - 95,000|
|032 - 040||95,000||25,000 - 75,000|
|041 - 054||95,000||15,000 - 60,000|
|055 - 070||60,000||12,000 - 40,000|
|080 - 100||45,000||10,000 - 20,000|
Microcopy NeoDiamond burs can be used to cut a wide variety of materials encountered in dentistry. These include tooth material such as enamel and dentin, dental materials such as composite, glass-ionomer cements, polymer and ceramic and precious and non-precious alloys. Our range of diamond burs provide maximum cutting efficiency and effortless access through tough diamond for both endodontic treatment and crown removal.
Holding the bur in the pouch by the operative end, push the stem end through the plastic far enough to insert into the handpiece collet. Immediately insert the stem into the handpiece collet and tighten before releasing the grip on the operative end and discarding the empty pouch.
Store in a dry and clean environment at ambient temperature.
Protect instruments in general against chemicals, acids, heat and extreme temperature variationsIn dry conditions and protected against contaminants.
STERILE PRODUCT SHELF LIFE:
- On the provision that appropriate storage and handling practices are applied to all unopened pouches, product sterility will be maintained for five (5) years unless sterile package is opened or damaged. Do not use the product if the package is opened or damaged.
- The products are labeled with their expiry date. Do not use the products after their stated expiration date
Each package includes Lot number on its label.
This number must be quoted in any correspondence regarding the product.
|Manufacturer||Indicates the medical device manufacturer.|
|Do not reuse||Indicates a medical device that is intended for one use, or for use on a single patient during a single procedure.|
|Do not resterilize||Indicates a medical device that is not to be re-sterilized.|
|Sterilized using irradiation||Indicates a medical device that has been sterilized using irradiation.|
|Batch Code||Indicates the manufacturer's batch code
so that the batch or lot can be identified.
|Consult instructions for use||Indicates the need for the user to consult
the instructions for use.
|Use by date||Indicates the date after which the medical device is not to be used.|
|Do not use if package is damaged||Indicates a medical device that should
not be used if the package has been damaged or opened.
|CE marking||Indicates European Conformity Mark.|
|Authorized European representative||Indicates the Authorized representative in the European Community.|
|Keep Dry||Indicates a medical device that needs to be protected from moisture.|
|DEVICE for professional use only||(ref US FDA CDRH) Indicates device shall only be used by a trained professional.|
This section is deivided into 2 sections to allow a quick and practical access to the Instructions For Use (IFU) of Microcopy products. Upon request you can contact Microcopy to order a free of charge copy of any IFU. More details below.
1. Current Valid IFU - section for current valid documents.
IFU for NeoDiamond
2. Archived (previous) IFU's - obsolete versions of the documents.
IFU for NeoDiamond
Upon request, you can contact Microcopy to order a free of charge copy of any IFU. Timetable of receiving the IFU: by Email - 2 working days, by mail - 7 working days.
Listed are awards NeoDiamond has received.
NeoDiamond received Dental Advisor’s Top Award for the category Single-Use Dimaonds for 2017.
Doctors voted NeoDiamond as the Townie Choice Award® for 2016.
NeoDiamond received Dental Advisor’s Top Bur-Diamond award for 2014 & 2015.
Doctors voted NeoDiamond as the Townie Choice Award® for 2010, 2011, and 2012.
NeoDiamond received Dental Advisor’s highest rating in 2011, The Editor’s Choice Award.
Dentistry Today's magazine recognized NeoDiamond as one of it's Top 100 Products in 2011.
Clinician's Report data showed highest rated Zirconia cutting diamond for cutting efficiency.