Be one of the cool kids and sign up for emails and giveaways
Mini single-patient-use sterile polisher designed to polish Composite, Zirconia, and Metal.
Flexible Discs are also available which polish Composite, Metal and Porcelain materials.
Cups and Points
•Mini polisher provides just the right fit into pits, fissures and tooth anatomy.
•Color ID system organizes polishers by materials and steps.
•Polishers designed for highest shine for composite, metal, and zirconia.
•Easy 2 step polishers remove striations and polish to a mirror-like shine.
•Satin removes striations for a satisfactory shine in the posterior.
•Hi-Gloss creates superior mirror-like luster.
•No messy paste needed.
•Sterile, ready to use convenience and safety.
NeoShine's color ID system organizes polishers by materials and steps. For instance, composite polishers are the same color, gray, with step 1 being darker and step 2 lighter. This is the same for zirconia polishers with magenta. Metal uses a standard brown and green.
|Material||Step 1||Step 2|
|Composite||Dark Gray||Light Gray|
|Zirconia||Dark Magenta||Light Magenta|
|Composite/Metal||Blue,Red, Yellow, White|
|Composite/Porcelain||Black, Blue, Pink, Yellow|
Flexible single-use discs for composite/metal and composite/porcelain. The mandrel is multi-use and can be resterilized.
Each pack contains:
• 100 discs: 25 each of Coarse, Medium, Fine, and Extra Fine
• 1 RA stainless steel mandrel
A refill 3 pack of mandrels is available as well.
Rx Only. These instructions, in whole or in part, are not a substitute for formal training in rotary polishing. Appropriate professional education is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED prior to using this device clinically. NeoShine polishers are to be used by qualified dental practitioners in dental clinics, hospitals, labs, or schools for dental applications.
Neoshine polishers are single-use abrasive rotary cups or points affixed to a plastic shank. The polishers are individually packaged in a plastic pouch in a dedicated cleanroom facility and terminally sterilized using Gamma Irradiation .
NeoShine polishers fit into a slow-speed, right-angle latch dental handpiece, which provides the rotation, allowing the user to adjust or polish materials both intra-orally and extra-orally, i.e. composite, precious metal, non-precious alloys, amalgam, or zirconia.
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO USE:
Use of NeoShine polishers are contraindicated on any patient who is allergic to any of the product components.
In consideration of patient safety, limited extended contact to the mucosa membrane is recommended. These polishers are identified as single-use devices and NOT to be re-process and/or re-sterilize or it will adversely affect their performance. Do not reuse.
Neoshine polishers are available in two (2) geometries: cup and point, which are tailored to polish varying dental restorative substrates as indicated by their name. These materials include Zirconia, Composite, Metal. For each material, two polishing steps are available depending on the desired outcome of polishing. We recommend using the two steps in order to reduce surface roughness and provide the highest amount of shine possible. Composite and Zirconia polishers are designed with a color ID system to aid doctors in selecting the correct polisher. Each substrate has its own color with Composite being gray and Zirconia being magenta. Step 1 is a dark shade and step 2 is a light shade of that color. Metal polishers were designed as Brownies, (step 1), and Greenies, (step 2), which are a standard in the industry. See the below graphic for an illustration of the cup and point geometries as well as an explanation of the polisher steps. See the below graphic for an illustration of the cup and point geometries as well as an explanation of the polisher steps.
Step 1: Satin Polishers:
- Designed to remove surface striations and anatomical defects.
- Leaves a smooth, satin-shine surface.
Step 2: Hi-Gloss Polishers:
- Designed to establish a high-gloss surface following the satin polisher.
- Ideal for anterior and esthetic restorations.
- Polishing paste is NOT required.
- Spray water at least every 10 to 15 seconds to avoid excess heat build-up.These polishers must only be used with dental handpieces (drive unit) that are technically and hygienically maintained.
- Protective eyewear should be worn at all times. If improperly used, materials can break away and become dangerous flying objects.
- Wearing a respiratory mask will prevent inhaling dust from polishers.
- Prior to use, insert the polisher shaft into the driving unit per the driving unit instructions until the polisher is fully seated.
- Bring polisher to the recommended rotation speed before applying to the surface being treated (reference rotational speed chart below).
- Improper use of these instruments may lead to poor results and increased patient risk.
All Polishers Recommended Speed
Step 1: Light
PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS:
- Immediately discard any deformed, non-concentric rotating polishers.
- Never exceed the maximum rotation speed stated.
- Please refer to the rotation speeds indicated on the product packaging.
- Failure to observe maximum rotation speeds may cause excessive heat build up resulting in a damaged tooth pulp.
- Failure to observe recommended rotation speeds can cause vibration and deformation to the polisher which can increase breakage and possible injury.
APPLICATION OF PRESSURE
- Do not bend the polisher or use it as a lever; doing so increases the risk of breakage.
- Excessive pressure can cause accelerated deterioration of the polisher.
- Excessive pressure on the polisher may cause the polisher to break resulting in possible injury.
- Excessive pressure during use may create excessive heat build up resulting in damage to the tooth pulp.
- In order to avoid the overheating of a tooth, sufficient water cooling must be used (50 ml/min). Spray water every 10 to 15 seconds to avoid heat build-up.
- Insufficient water cooling can lead to irreversible damage to the tooth pulp or its surrounding tissues.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
- Microcopy polishers should be stored in a dry, dark, dust-free environment at 14°F to 122°F (-10°C - 50°C).
- The polisher box is designed to protect the polishers from sunlight.
- The polisher pouch is designed to protect the polishers from dust and moisture.
Improper storage conditions will shorten the shelf life and may cause product to malfunction.
- Product sterility will be maintained for two (2) years if appropriate storage and handling practices are observed.
- Do NOT use the product if the package is opened or damaged.
- The products are labeled with their expiry date. Do NOT use the products after their stated expiration date.
- Each package include Lot number on its label.
- This number must be quoted in any correspondence regarding the product.
|Manufacturer||Indicates the medical device manufacturer.|
|Do not reuse||Indicates a medical device that is intended for one use, or for use on a single patient during a single procedure.|
|Do not resterilize||Indicates a medical device that is not to be re-sterilized.|
|Sterilized using irradiation||Indicates a medical device that has been sterilized using irradiation.|
|Batch Code||Indicates the manufacturer's batch code
so that the batch or lot can be identified.
|Consult instructions for use||Indicates the need for the user to consult
the instructions for use.
|Use By||Indicates the date after which the medical device is not to be used.|
|Do not use if package is open or damaged||Indicates a medical device that should
not be used if the package has been damaged or opened.
|No polishing paste||Indicates polishing paste is not used with these instruments.|
|Max speed||Indicates Max speed|
|Professional use only||(ref US FDA CDRH) Indicates device shall only be used by a trained professional.|
|Recommended RPM||Indicates Recommended Speed|
|Wear eye protection||Indicates that eye protection must be used.|
|Wear a mask||Indicates that a face mask must be worn.|
|Temperature Limit||Indicates the upper and lower limits of temperature to which the medical device can be safely exposed.|
|Keep away from sunlight||Indicates a medical device that needs protection from light sources.|
|Single Patient – Multiple Use||Indicates a medical device that may be used multiple times in a single operation.|
|Keep Dry||Indicates a medical device that needs to be protected from moisture.|
|Medical Device||Indicates device is designed and intended for medical use.|
This section is deivided into 2 sections to allow a quick and practical access to the Instructions For Use (IFU) of Microcopy products. Upon request you can contact Microcopy to order a free of charge copy of any IFU. More details below.
1. Current Valid IFU - section for current valid documents.
IFU for Sterile Dental Polishers
2. Archived (previous) IFU's - obsolete versions of the documents.
IFU for Sterile Dental Polishers
Upon request, you can contact Microcopy to order a free of charge copy of any IFU. Timetable of receiving the IFU: by Email - 2 working days, by mail - 7 working days.
|Composite Step 1 (Dark Gray)||$1.25 ea||20 pk|
|Composite Step 2 (Light Gray)||$2.40 ea||20 pk|
|Metal Step 1 (Brownie)||$1.25 ea||20 pk|
|Metal Step 2 (Greenie)||$1.25 ea||20 pk|
|Zirconia Sep 1 (Dark Magenta)||$2.40||20 pk|
|Zirconia Sep 2 (Light Magenta)||$2.40||20 pk|
|CP Discs 10 and 14 mm||$0.04 ea||100 pk|
|CM Discs 10 and 14 mm||$0.05 ea||100 pk|
|Mandrel (Refill of 3)||$4.94 ea||3 pk|